Redirect to Scrupulous Scribbles for more bookish posts.

Friday, January 13, 2012

52 Weeks 52 Verses \\ Week Two

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." ~ Ephesians 4:29

The second week of January is nearing its end. My memory verse for this week is a message that I am forever trying to remember. I've read this verse a million times but I never got around to memorizing it. As someone who likes to talk, I often find myself in sticky situations involving toothpaste and the inability to stuff the gunk back into the tube. Though the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" still floats around, the truth of the matter is that words are powerful, and we are each called by God to use them wisely.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!