Redirect to Scrupulous Scribbles for more bookish posts.

Friday, January 28, 2011

The End of Anne (At Least the Challenge!)

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge
Today marks the last day of the annual L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge. I'm afraid I didn't read as much as I wanted to of Montgomery's classics, but I did get to read the most important (at least in my opinion): Anne of Green Gables. It was truly thrilling--that sounds Anne-esque, doesn't it?--and I will hopefully soon be reading Emily of New Moon, L.M. Montgomery's first book in the Emily series. I hope to compare the two girls, though I may end up liking them equally! I also watched the movie version of Anne of Green Gables to compare, though I've watched it at least a dozen times already. I still love the movie; the book is better, though!

If you haven't read the works of L.M. Montgomery yet . . . what are you waiting for?

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely let me know when you've read Emily. I'll be curious to know how you liked her alongside of Anne. Still, I'm glad that you love Anne so much. You're a kindred spirit already. ;)

    And good question - if you haven't yet read LMM yet - what ARE you waiting for?

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!