EDIT (11/10/10): I've taken two books off the list. (They are crossed out below.) I recently looked at both of those books, and neither seemed interesting. I have other books I would rather read first.
I just found out about this TODAY, which is so amazing because today is the day it starts. I feel amazed at myself for getting on Blogger this morning and seeing different posts called "Fall into Reading 2010" and checking them out.
After looking here for the official rules, I think this is the coolest idea! I immediately decided that I must do it. This challenge/giveaway is put on my Calapidder Days. For more info, look at the giveway entry rules and the Fall into Reading posting rules.
Now, on to the books! This is my goal for Fall 2010, from September 22 to December 20.
Books to finish (I'm ashamed I haven't gotten some of these done already.):
- You Were Made to Make a Difference by Max Lucado and Jenna Lucado Bishop with Natalie Gillespie
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
- Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale.
All I Have to Give by Melody Carlson(see EDIT above)One Perfect Day by Lauraine Snelling(see EDIT above)- My Son, the Savior by Melody Carlson
- The Christmas Box Collection by Richard Paul Evans
I do wish it was a little more fall-ish on this first day of fall. I think the highs for where I live are somewhere in the 90's. Seriously! Hopefully fall weather will come soon, though.
As the challenge continues, you can see what I've finished and reviewed in the left-hand sidebar.
I've seen Sweetness on quite a few lists (including my own). Apparently it's the book to read!
ReplyDeleteLove the name of your blog. :v)
ReplyDeleteMelody Carlson is one of my favorites but I've yet to read those two.
I thought Crazy Love was really good. Glad you joined the challenge. :)
ReplyDeleteAbout 3 years ago I challenged myself to read a Christmas book right before Christmas. It's been a blast! My favorite so far is Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn. She is a Christian author who I love! (as you can tell from my list)
ReplyDeleteHeather
P.S. Thanks for the Christmas book suggestion!
I always forget to include a Christmas book in my Fall Into Reading list -- that's a great idea! I might have to try to sneak one in!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found the challenge and decided to join in the fun. Enjoy your fall reading!
I love Christmas books. I have yet to find my new Christmas book for this year. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie is one that I want to read too.
ReplyDelete